One of the main challenges for the future and for our survival is to redefine our relationship to Nature and to draw practical applications regarding the way we live, produce, consume,… Companies have a crucial role to play in this context.
For the past academic year, managers participating to Philo & Management’s cycle of seminars have gathered once a month to discuss with philosophers and scientists what Nature can inspire us in terms of new managerial practices.
On 12/06/12 (from 18:00 till 22:00) in Brussels, we will present a synthesis of this work. We will also converse with a philosopher, a CEO, an entrepreneur and hopefully with you about current and future hot topics in practical applications for businesses inspired by Nature and Environmental Ethics.
- J. Baird Callicott, a world-leading philosopher on environmental ethics will give us an account of the origins of Environmental Ethics and its key research agenda for the future ;
- Stef Kranendijk, CEO of Desso, a world leading company in cradle-to-cradle design, a biomimetic approach to the design of systems, will tell us what Desso has achieved so far, why they did it and what he sees as future business challenges and opportunities inspired by Nature ;
- Baptiste Lanaspeze, entrepreneur and philosopher, CEO of Wildproject Editions, an independent publishing house dedicated to Environmental Ethics, will give us a brief account of why he undertook such an entrepreneurial challenge and what are his next projects.
You don’t need to be a manager to enjoy this conversation. So, whatever your profession or title, don’t hesitate to join us for this unique evening !
This event is organized in partnership with the think-tank in political ecology, Etopia.
- 18:00 - 18:30 : Welcome (For those who want to, there will be the possibility to visit the Cameleon building, a wonderful eco-building, from 18:10 till 18:30)
- 18:30 - 18:45 : Introduction to the evening (Roland Vaxelaire, Jean-Cédric Van der Belen & Augustin Wigny)
- 18:45 - 19:00 : A short introduction to the work of J. Baird Callicott and its influence on a young entrepreneur (Baptiste Lanaspeze)
- 19:00 - 19:30 : "Earth ethics" : a brief account of the origins of Environmental philosophy & its key research agenda for the future (J. Baird Callicott)
- 19:30 - 20:00 : Desso : Go cradle-to-cradle to boost innovation and a responsible business (Stef Kranendijk)
- 20:00 - 20:30 : Walking buffet
- 20:30 - 21:30 : Debate with speakers
- 21:30 - 22:00 : Synthesis of the cycle of seminars on Nature and how it can inspire new managerial practices (Laurent Ledoux)
As the number of seats is limited, don’t wait to register. And don’t forget to take with you the print of your registration.
Conference in English
12 june 2012 / 18:00-22:00
15 avenue Ariane
Participation to cover costs : 20 euro (includes buffet)